Renovating Your Home? Recycle Your Waste with Us!
Renovation is a great way to make your home feel more like your own. But the process generates a lot of waste which goes straight to landfill, damaging the environment. This includes old appliances and building materials if you don’t find ways to recycle them. This is where the importance of waste management comes in.
DBL Disposal Services Ltd. has been providing reliable solutions for managing waste, including recycling depots at competitive rates since 1954. We specialize in recycling and waste disposal for commercial, residential and industrial clients in Nanaimo and surrounding areas. You can always count on us to get the job done right in the best possible manner.
Why Do Recycling Building Materials Matter?
Although people are happy to recycle plastic, paper or glass items, not many are aware about recycling building materials. If you consider the sheer volume of material that’s made use during the building process, recycling:
• Cuts costs of production and transportation of new material
• Cuts the need to move waste to landfill sites
• Minimizes the demand for new resources
What Happens to Construction Materials That Are Recycled?
After the options of reduction and reuse are exhausted, there are many recycling opportunities for construction and renovation materials. These are:
• Concrete – It can be broken down and used for making the base course for footpaths and driveways.
• Untreated timber – It can be used as firewood or applied for mulching. Large pieces can be sent to mills and be used again for construction.
• Large dimension lumber, plywood, moulding and flooring – These can be reused directly for new projects.
• Asphalt paving – It can be crushed for making new asphalt paved roads.
• Metals – Metals like steel, aluminum and copper can be melted down and moulded to new metal products.